With the upgraded terminal and monthly double digit growth in passenger numbers , the Nanaimo Airport was ready to expand again. This time however it was in the the customer service side. Starting in early June 2012 a core of volunteer ambassadors, The Blue Navigators, arrived on site to welcome users of the airport.
Blue Navigators provide invaluable assistance and hospitality to the travelling public to enhance the overall passenger experience at the Nanaimo Airport. We have now surpassed expectations of a team of 20 to 25 ambassadors and are continuing to expand those numbers with the addition of new Air Carriers and services. Once at full capacity, two volunteers will be available for each shift. The program includes three shifts per day and run seven days per week.
We are looking for more volunteers with customer service experience to step forward. This could be an ideal role for outgoing retirees in the area, but also high school and university students interested in volunteering in their community.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Blue Navigator please contact Customer Service Advisor, Laurie Hawthornthwaite at 250-924-2157 Ext 261
Ambassador Core Skills:
- Ability to interact with fellow volunteers and work in a team environment
Friendly outgoing personality
- Ability to approach and communicate comfortably and articulately with a wide diversity of individuals
- Flexible and able to adapt to new environment
- Strong listening, understanding and responding skills
- Basic computer skills, ability to navigate the internet
- Reliability-volunteers should be able to commit to at least one four hour shift per week.
bring a non-perishable food donation, for the in terminal food drive.